Lineage and Impact Analysis
Effective in version 10.1.1, lineage and impact diagrams have expanded functionality. The Lineage and Impact view also contains a tabular impact summary that lists the assets that impact and are impacted by the asset that you are studying.
The Lineage and Impact view has the following enhancements:
- Diagram enhancements
The lineage and impact diagram has the following enhancements:
- By default, the lineage and impact diagram displays the origins, the asset that you are studying, and the destinations for the data. You can use the slider controls to reveal intermediate assets one at-a-time by distance from the seed asset or to fully expand the diagram. You can also expand all assets within a particular data flow path.
- You can display the child assets of the asset that you are studying, all the way down to the column or field level. When you drill-down on an asset, the diagram displays the child assets that you select and the assets to which the child assets are linked.
- You can display the business terms that are associated with the technical assets in the diagram.
- You can print the diagram and export it to a scalable vector graphics (.svg) file.
- Impact analysis
- When you open the Lineage and Impact view for an asset, you can switch from the diagram view to the tabular asset summary. The tabular asset summary lists all of the assets that impact and are impacted by the asset that you are studying. You can export the asset summary to a Microsoft Excel file to create reports or further analyze the data.
For more information about lineage and impact analysis, see the "View Lineage and Impact" chapter in the
Informatica 10.1.1 Enterprise Information Catalog User Guide.