PowerExchange for Hive
Effective in version 10.2.2, PowerExchange for Hive includes the following new features:
- You can configure the following target schema strategy options for a Hive target:
- RETAIN - Retain existing target schema
- CREATE - Create or replace table at run time
- APPLYNEWCOLUMNS - Alter table and apply new columns only
- APPLYNEWSCHEMA - Alter table and apply new schema
- FAIL - fail mapping if target schema is different
- Assign Parameter
- You can truncate an internal or external partitioned Hive target before loading data. This option is applicable when you run the mapping in the Hadoop environment.
- You can create a read or write transformation for Hive in native mode to read data from Hive source or write data to Hive target.
- When you write data to a Hive target, you can configure the following properties in a Hive connection:
- Hive Staging Directory on HDFS. Represents the HDFS directory for Hive staging tables. This option is applicable and required when you write data to a Hive target in the native environment.
- Hive Staging Database Name. Represents the namespace for Hive staging tables. This option is applicable when you run a mapping in the native environment to write data to a Hive target. If you run the mapping on the Blaze or Spark engine, you do not need to configure the Hive staging database name in the Hive connection. The Data Integration Service uses the value that you configure in the Hadoop connection.
For more information, see the
Informatica PowerExchange for Hive 10.2.2 User Guide.