Running the Test for JDBC Tool
After you install the DataDirect Connect for JDBC Utility, run the Test for JDBC tool to connect to the DB2 database. You must use a system administrator user account with the BINDADD authority to connect to the database.
- In the DB2 database, set up a system adminstrator user account with the BINDADD authority.
- In the directory where you installed the DataDirect Connect for JDBC Utility, run the Test for JDBC tool.
On Windows, run testforjdbc.bat. On UNIX, run testforjdbc.sh.
- On the Test for JDBC Tool window, click Press Here to Continue.
- Click Connection > Connect to DB.
- In the Database field, enter the following text:
HostName is the name of the machine hosting the DB2 database server.
PortNumber is the port number of the database.
DatabaseName is the name of the DB2 database.
- In the User Name and Password fields, enter the system administrator user name and password you use to connect to the DB2 database.
- Click Connect, and then close the window.