Install Database Client Software
You must install the database clients on the required machines based on the types of databases that the application services access.
To ensure compatibility between the application service and the database, use the appropriate database client libraries and install a client software that is compatible with the database version.
Install the following database client software based on the type of database that the application service accesses:
- IBM DB2 Client Application Enabler (CAE)
- Configure connectivity on the required machines by logging in to the machine as the user who starts Informatica services.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client
- Download the client from the following Microsoft website:
- Oracle client
- Install compatible versions of the Oracle client and Oracle database server. You must also install the same version of the Oracle client on all machines that require it. To verify compatibility, contact Oracle.
- Sybase Open Client (OCS)
- Install an Open Client version that is compatible with the Sybase ASE database server. You must also install the same version of Open Client on the machines hosting the Sybase ASE database and Informatica. To verify compatibility, contact Sybase.