Before you upgrade application services, perform the following pre-upgrade tasks:
- Configure POSIX Asynchronous I/O.
If you install Informatica on IBM AIX, make POSIX Asynchronous I/O available on any node where you want to run a PowerCenter Integration Service.
- Configure Informatica environment variables.
- Configure locale environment variables.
Verify that the locale setting is compatible with the code page for the repository.
- If you used a keystore file that you created to secure the connection to the Administrator tool, verify the keystore file location.
- Clear the browser cache.
- If you chose the option to change the node configuration to migrate the Informatica installation to a different machine, perform the following tasks:
- Configure the environment variables.
- Verify the range of port numbers that can be dynamically assigned to application service processes that run on the node.
- Verify that the backup directory for the node is accessible by the node.
- Configure PowerExchange adapters. If the PowerExchange adapter has an installer, re-install the PowerExchange adapter.