After You Upgrade
After you upgrade the domain, application services, and client files, perform the following post-upgrade tasks:
- Perform the following tasks for the domain:
- If you enabled secure communication between client applications and the previous domain, verify the keystore file locations. If you use Metadata Manager, generate a new keystore file.
- Perform the following tasks for each PowerCenter Integration Service:
- If you upgraded from a version that used operating system profiles, set the umask setting to change the security on files that the DTM writes.
- If you install identity population data files, verify that the Informatica services that run mappings and sessions can find the files.
- Perform the following tasks for each Content Management Service:
- If you update any property for address reference data, identity population data, classifier model data, or probabilistic model data, restart the Data Integration Service.
- If you update the location of the reference data warehouse, restart the Analyst Service and the Data Integration Service.
- Perform the following tasks for each Data Integration Service:
- To send email notifications for business glossaries, scorecards, and workflows, configure and enable the Email Service.
- Perform the following tasks for each Analyst Service:
- Run the upgradeRepository command line program to upgrade the Business Glossary data in the Model repository.
- If you use Business Glossary approval workflow in a domain with Kerberos authentication, enter the user name and password for the Model Repository Service.
- Verify the location of the flat file cache directory. The upgrade process does not update this location.
- Verify or configure the location of the temporary export file directory for Business Glossary files. The upgrade process does not update this location.
- Verify or configure the location of the asset attachment directory for Business Glossary files. The upgrade process does not update this location.
If you will run workflows that contain Human tasks, optionally specify an exception management audit database and schema.
- Recycle the Analyst Service.
Before you recycle the Analyst Service, complete the upgrade and post-upgrade steps for the Model Repository Service, Data Integration Service, and Content Management Service.
- Change the port number and host name of the Business Glossary Desktop application to reference glossaries on a machine that hosts the Analyst Service.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Metadata Manager Agent.
- Perform the following tasks for each Metadata Manager Service:
- Update the Metadata Manager properties file to include any customization.
- If the Metadata Manager repository is a Microsoft SQL Server database and the Metadata Manager Service runs on UNIX, verify that the ODBCINST environment variable is set.
- Enable the Metadata Manager Service.
- Re-create Netezza resources.
- Migrate and reload Metadata Manager resources.
- Upgrade Informatica Platform resources.
- If you set the
Worker Threads configuration property for any Business Intelligence resource in the previous version, set the
Multiple Threads configuration property to the same value.
- If a secure connection is configured for the Metadata Manager web application, verify the truststore file for the mmcmd and mmRepoCmd command line programs.
- Perform the following tasks for reference data objects and files:
- If you created a backup copy of a reference data directory from the PowerCenter directory structure, restore the directory to the PowerCenter directory structure.
- If you use probabilistic model files in PowerCenter, configure the
- If you use classifier model files in PowerCenter, configure the
- Perform the following tasks for profiles and scorecards:
- Import data domain groups and related data domains to the data domain glossary. If you want to add predefined data domain groups and their related data domains to the data domain glossary, import the
- Upgrade the Informatica ODBC or JDBC driver on each machine from which you connect to the SQL data service.
- To ensure a high level of security for the Informatica domain, you can optionally configure the domain to use Kerberos authentication.
- Read the
Informatica Release Guide to view the list of new functionality that you might want to implement or new options that you might want to enable.