Secure Communication for Services and the Service Manager
You can configure secure communication within the domain during installation. After installation, you can configure secure communication for the domain on the Administrator tool or from the command line.
Informatica provides an SSL certificate that you can use to secure the domain. However, you should provide a custom SSL certificate for domains that require a higher level of security, such as a domain in a production environment. Specify the keystore and truststore files that contain the SSL certificates you want to use.
Informatica provides SSL certificates for evaluation purposes. If you do not provide an SSL certificate, Informatica uses the same default private key for all Informatica installations. The security of your domain could be compromised. Provide an SSL certificate to ensure a high level of security for the domain. The certificate that you provide can be self-signed or from a certificate authority (CA).
When you configure secure communication for the domain, you secure the connections between the following components:
- The Service Manager and all services running in the domain
- The Data Integration Service and the Model Repository Service
- The Data Integration Service and the workflow processes
- The PowerCenter Integration Service and the PowerCenter Repository Service
- The domain services and the Informatica client tools and command line programs