Requirements for Secure Connections to Web Application Services
Before you secure the connection to a web application service, ensure that the following requirements are met:
- You created a certificate signing request (CSR) and private key.
- You can use keytool or OpenSSL to create the CSR and private key.
- If you use RSA encryption, you must use more than 512 bits.
- You have a signed SSL certificate.
- The certificate can be self-signed or CA signed. Informatica recommends a CA signed certificate.
- You imported the certificate into a keystore in JKS format.
- A keystore must contain only one certificate. If you use a unique certificate for each web application service, create a separate keystore for each certificate. Alternatively, you can use a shared certificate and keystore.
- If you use the installer-generated SSL certificate for the Administrator tool, you do not need to import the certificate into a keystore in JKS format.
- The keystore is in an accessible directory.
- The keystore must be in a directory that is accessible to the Administrator tool and the command line programs.