A security domain is a collection of user accounts and groups in the Informatica domain.
The Informatica domain can have the following types of security domains:
- Native Security Domain
- The Native security domain contains the users and groups created and managed in the Administrator tool. Informatica stores all credentials for user accounts in the Native security domain in the domain configuration repository. By default, the Native security domain is created during installation. After installation, you cannot create additional Native security domains or delete the Native security domain.
If the Informatica domain uses Kerberos authentication, the domain does not use the Native security domain.
- LDAP Security Domain
- An LDAP security domain contains users and groups imported from an LDAP directory service. If the Informatica domain uses LDAP or Kerberos authentication, you can create an LDAP security domain and add users and groups that you import from the LDAP directory service.
- When you install Informatica services and create a domain that uses native or LDAP authentication, the installer creates the Native security domain but does not create an LDAP security domain. You can create LDAP security domains after installation.
- When you install Informatica services and create a domain that uses Kerberos authentication, the installer creates the following LDAP security domains:
- You create and manage LDAP security domains the same way, whether the Informatica domain uses LDAP authentication or Kerberos authentication.