When you assign the Administrator role to a user or group for the domain, Data Integration Service, or PowerCenter Repository Service, the user or group can complete some tasks that are determined by the Administrator role, not by privileges or permissions.
You can assign a user or group all privileges for the domain, Data Integration Service, or PowerCenter Repository Service and then grant the user or group full permissions on all domain or PowerCenter repository objects. However, this user or group cannot complete the tasks determined by the Administrator role.
For example, a user assigned the Administrator role for the domain can configure domain properties in the Administrator tool. A user assigned all domain privileges and permission on the domain cannot configure domain properties.
The following table lists the tasks determined by the Administrator role for the domain, Data Integration Service, and PowerCenter Repository Service:
- Configure domain properties.
- Configure cluster configurations.
- Create operating system profiles.
- Delete operating system profiles.
- Grant permission on the domain and operating system profiles.
- Manage and purge log events.
- Receive domain alerts.
- Run the License Report.
- View user activity log events.
- Shut down the domain.
- Access the service upgrade wizard.
|Data Integration Service
- Upgrade the Data Integration Service using the Actions menu.
PowerCenter Repository Service
- Assign operating system profiles to repository folders if the PowerCenter Integration Service uses operating system profiles.*
- Change the owner of folders and global objects.*
- Configure folder and global object permissions.*
- Connect to the PowerCenter Integration Service from the PowerCenter Client when running the PowerCenter Integration Service in safe mode.
- Delete a PowerCenter Integration Service from the Navigator of the Workflow Manager.
- Delete folders and global objects.*
- Designate folders to be shared.*
- Edit the name and description of folders.*
*The PowerCenter repository folder owner or global object owner can also complete these tasks.