Informatica Client Upgrade Overview
Use the client installer to upgrade a previous version of the Informatica client tools. The Informatica client tools are installed on the installation directory you specify. The client installer configures the newly installed client tools with the same settings as the previous version. The client installer does not modify the files of the previous version of the client tools.
Complete the pre-upgrade tasks before you start the upgrade. Run the installer on all machines that host previous versions of the Informatica client tools that you want to upgrade. You can upgrade the Informatica clients in graphical or silent mode.
When you run the client installer, you can select the following Informatica client tools to upgrade:
- Informatica Developer
- Informatica Developer is a client application that you use to create and run mappings, data objects, and virtual databases. Objects created in Informatica Developer are stored in a Model repository and are run by a Data Integration Service. If you upgrade Informatica Developer, verify that the Informatica version, including the hotfix version, matches the version of the domain upgrade.
- PowerCenter Client tools
- The PowerCenter Client is a set of tools you can use to manage the PowerCenter repository, mappings, and sessions. The client upgrade also upgrades the following client tools:
- Custom Metadata Configurator
- Mapping Architect for Visio
- Mapping Analyst for Excel
By default, the when you upgrade the Informatica client tools, the following components are also upgraded:
- DataDirect ODBC drivers
- Java Runtime Environment libraries
You can perform the upgrade from a DVD or from the root of the directory where you download the installation files.
On Windows, the length of the entire installation directory path, including the zip file name, must be 60 characters or less. Verify that the zip utility version is compatible with the Windows operating system version. When you unzip the file, verify that the zip utility also extracts empty folders.