Building an Adapter Overview
Informatica Connector Toolkit consists of the libraries, plug-ins, and sample code to assist you in developing an adapter for the Informatica platform.
To build an adapter, use the
Informatica Connector Toolkit and perform the following tasks:
- Create an adapter project and define the basic properties of the adapter such as name, ID, and vendor name.
- Define the connection attributes to connect to the data source. Implement the methods to open connection or close connection to the data source, validate connection, and specify attribute dependencies. Before you define the type system for the adapter, you can test and debug the connection components of the adapter.
- Define the type system for the adapter. Specify the data types supported by the data source and the corresponding data types supported by Informatica.
- Define the adapter metadata, create native metadata object (NMO), operations for the NMO, and partition methods for the NMO operations. Implement the methods to fetch metadata from the data source. You can also test and debug the metadata components of the adapter.
- Define the adapter run-time behavior that defines how the adapter reads from and writes to the data source. Before you deploy the adapter, you can test and debug the read capability and write capability of the adapter.
- Deploy the adapter to the Informatica server and client directories and register the adapter with the Informatica domain.