The following image shows how an adapter works with Big Data Management services and tools:
The following Big Data Management services and tools work with the adapter plug-in and client plug-in components of the adapter:
- Data Integration Service
- Uses the adapter plug-in at run time to read data from or write data to the data source.
- Developer tool
- Uses the client plug-in to create and update connections, import metadata, and perform type system conversions.
- Administrator tool
- Uses the adapter plug-in to create and update the connection management properties.
- Domain repository
- Stores the connection objects that an end user creates using the adapter plug-in.
- Model Repository Service
- Stores the data source metadata and data source operation that an end user creates using the adapter plug-in.