Features of Type A Metadata Template
The Informatica Connector Toolkit uses the Type A metadata pattern template to define the metadata pattern for flat records.
The Type A metadata pattern template supports the following features:
- A catalog is a container for metadata objects that you can import.
- A container is a collection of packages.
- A package contains flat records. A package may also contain other packages.
- Flat record
- A flat record represents the structure of the native metadata object that you can import. The flat record structure contains fields, relationships, index, and constraints.
- A field is a data structure for a single piece of data in a data source.
- Record relationship
- A record relationship represents the relationship between flat records.
- An index represents a native index that orders the flat records or uniquely identifies a flat record.
- A constraint represents the unique key and primary key for a flat record.