Analyze the Data Source
Before you develop an adapter for a data source, perform a detailed analysis of the data source.
Analyze the following aspects of the data source:
- Connection attributes that you need to connect to the data source.
- Informatica platform data objects that you need to create to read data and write data.
- Native data types and the possible mapping to the Informatica platform data types.
- APIs available for the following tasks:
- Validate connection attributes and connect to the data source
- Browse metadata from the data source
- Read from or write to the data source
- Additional configuration attributes that you require to read or write data to the data source.