JSON web token authentication for managed APIs
You can configure JWT authentication for a managed Informatica Cloud Application Integration API that meets all of the following criteria:
- The associated process uses HTTP/SOAP binding.
- The associated process uses basic authentication and defines the user groups and users who can access the process service URL at run time.
- The associated process is published and exposed as a service.
You can configure a managed API to use one of the following authentication methods for JWT authentication:
- JWT - JSON Web Token
Use this authentication method to configure JWT authentication with tokens. You can generate a token and set an expiration date for it.
You can invoke the API by passing the token as a bearer token in the HTTP Authorization header. For example:
Authorization: Bearer aF…mk
JWT tokens that you create for a managed API apply to the API version for which they are created. When you create a new version of an API that uses API JWT tokens, generate JWT tokens for it.
- JWT and Basic
Use this authentication method when you want to use both the following options:
- Configure JWT authentication with tokens. You can generate a token and set an expiration date for it.
- Allow the API to be accessed by the user groups and users who have been provided access to the API in Informatica Cloud Application Integration.
You can invoke the API by both the following methods:
- Passing the token as a bearer token in the HTTP Authorization header
- Providing the login credentials of the allowed user groups or users
You cannot configure JWT authentication if you select the authentication method as