Introduction to API Manager
API Manager is a cloud-based service that an organization uses to manage the APIs for enterprise services and processes that are built in Informatica Cloud Application Integration. With API Manager, your organization can deploy, manage, and control the use of APIs.
API Manager provides the following functionality:
- Seamless integration with Informatica Cloud Application Integration to manage APIs for Informatica Cloud Application Integration services using REST and SOAP protocols
- Rapid integration of managed APIs into organization applications through software development kit (SDK) packages
- API lifecycle management, including activating, deactivating, versioning, and deleting APIs
- Access to API metadata and description
- Grouping of managed APIs for easy management of managed APIs in the organization.
- Management of organization API policies, including global rate limit and IP filtering policies
- API analytics, including dashboard, activity log, and event log
With API Manager, your organization ensures that internal or external users can safely and securely use the organization APIs. Administrators use API Manager to create managed APIs from
Application Integration services, and to set policies and access authorization that control the usage of managed APIs.
By default, API consumers can access managed APIs through API Portal. You can choose to disable portal access for a managed API.
Administrators can monitor and analyze managed API usage with the API Analytics dashboard, and with activity and event logs. The Analytics dashboard provides a visual summary information about APIs, which includes trends in usage over time, APIs with the most invocations, and the most frequent users.