Configuring the Searches
You can define one or more searches for each index in the matching rules file. You can define searches within the
To define a search, add the following parameters to the
section within the
- Name for the search that you configure.
Name of the columns based on which you want to generate key ranges to search records. If you specify multiple columns, use commas to separate them.
- Name of the SSA-NAME3 field based on which you want to search records.
You can specify only one field as a key field in a configuration file. If you want to use other fields, you must configure another search .
- Optional. Type of search that you want to perform. Use one of the following values:
- A search returns more candidates as the search level increases but uses more resources and takes a longer execution time. Default is Typical.
- Optional. Additional attributes that you want to configure. You can specify the following attributes:
- NAMEFORMAT=L|R. Indicates whether the major word in a name or address is on the left end or the right end. For example, in Western names, the family name is on the right end of the names.
- UNICODE_ENCODING. Specifies the Unicode format of the data that you use.
You can add additional
SearchConfiguration sections within the
MDMBDRMMatchRuleSet section to define multiple searches.
The following sample shows a search definition named Household: