Configuring the Lightweight Matching Rule
Lightweight matching uses a fast score estimate to reject the obvious unmatched records. SSA-NAME3 performs full matching only on the records that pass the lightweight matching rule, which results in improved matching performance. You can define one lightweight matching rule for an index in the matching rules file within the
To define a lightweight matching rule, add the following parameters to the
section within the
- Type of purpose that you want to use for lightweight matching. You can use one of the following standard SSA-NAME3 purposes:
- Address. Identifies an address match.
- Contact. Identifies a contact within an organization at a specific location.
- Division. Identifies an organization at an address.
- Fields. Identifies generic data.
- Household. Identifies individuals with same or similar family names who share the same address.
- Individual. Identifies a specific individual by name, ID, or date of birth.
- Organization. Identifies an organization by name.
- Person_Name. Identifies a person by name.
- Resident. Identifies a person at an address.
- Wide_Contact. Identifies a contact within an organization.
- Optional. Level of lightweight matching that you want to perform. Use one of the following values:
- Typical. Returns more results that the conservative match level and less results than the loose match level.
- Conservative. Returns almost accurate results, and you can use in environments where the accuracy of a match is important.
- Loose. Returns matches with more variations than typical match, and you can use in environments where you can manually review the results.
Default is Typical.
- Minimum score required for a record to pass a lightweight matching rule.
- Maps the SSA-NAME3 fields with the input record fields and sets the properties for each field. You can set the following properties for each field:
- name. Indicates the SSA-NAME3 field for the input record field.
- type. Indicates the type of matching to perform on the field. Set to Fuzzy to perform fuzzy matching, and set to Exact to perform exact matching on the field values.
The following sample configuration uses the
purpose for lightweight matching:
<MField name="Person_Name" type="Fuzzy">fullName</MField>