Configuring the SSA-NAME3 Match Parameters
You must configure the SSA-NAME3 match parameters, such as the SSA-NAME3 purpose that you want to use to match the records, in the configuration file.
To configure the SSA-NAME3 matching parameters, add the following parameters to the
section in the configuration file:
- Type of purpose that you want to use for matching. You can use one of the following standard SSA-NAME3 purposes:
- Address. Identifies an address match.
- Contact. Identifies a contact within an organization at a specific location.
- Division. Identifies an organization at an address.
- Fields. Identifies generic data.
- Household. Identifies individuals with same or similar family names who share the same address.
- Individual. Identifies a specific individual by name, ID, or date of birth.
- Organization. Identifies an organization by name.
- Person_Name. Identifies a person by name.
- Resident. Identifies a person at an address.
- Wide_Contact. Identifies a contact within an organization.
- Optional. Level of matching that you want to perform. Use one of the following values:
- Typical. Returns more results that the conservative match level and less results than the loose match level.
- Conservative. Returns almost accurate results, and you can use in environments where the accuracy of a match is important.
- Loose. Returns matches with more variations than typical match, and you can use in environments where you can manually review the results.
- Default is Typical.
- Minimum score that SSA-NAME3 requires to consider a record as a matching candidate.
- Maps the SSA-NAME3 fields with the input record fields. Use the following format to map the SSA-NAME3 and input record fields:
- You can use the following standard SSA-NAME3 fields:
- Address_Part1. Indicates a part of address that includes building name, street number, street name, street type, and apartment details.
- Address_Part2. Indicates a part of address that includes city or town name, state name, ZIP code, and country.
- Attribute 1 and Attribute 2. Indicates generic data.
- Code. Indicates any numeric or alphanumeric codes, such as telephone number, license number, or credit card number.
- Company_Name. Indicates names of organizations, such as business names, institution names, department names, agency names, or trading names.
- CreditCard. Indicates credit card numbers.
- Date. Indicates dates, such as expiry date, date of contract, date of change, or creation date.
- Geocode. Indicates the latitude and longitude geographic coordinates with an optional elevation.
- ID. Indicates any type of ID numbers, such as account numbers, customer numbers, credit card numbers, drivers license numbers, passports, policy numbers, SSNs, or VINs.
- ISBN10 and ISBN13. Indicates International Standard Book Number (ISBN). Use the ISBN10 field for a 10-digit number, and use the ISBN13 field for a 13-digit number.
- Organization_Name. Indicates names of organizations, such as business names, institution names, department names, agency names, or trading names.
- Person_Name. Indicates names of people.
- Postal_Area. Indicates ZIP codes of towns or cities.
- Telephone_Number. Indicates telephone numbers.
- VIN. Indicates Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs).
- Optional. Additional attributes that you want to specify. You can specify the following attributes:
- NAMEFORMAT=L|R. Indicates whether the major word in a name or address is on the left end or the right end. For example, in Western names, the family name is on the right end of the names.
- UNICODE_ENCODING. Specifies the Unicode format of the data that you use.
- Optional. Maximum number of records that can be processed for matching. By default, SSA-NAME3 processes all the records.
- For example, if you set the maximum candidate size to 500, SSA-NAME3 uses the first 500 records for matching.
If you want to process the streaming data, do not configure the
MaxCandidateSet parameter. The
MaxCandidateSet parameter value impacts the maximum number of records that the linking process can add to a cluster.
The following sample code shows the SSA-NAME3 match parameters: