The RANK rule selects a row based on the specified column value that has the highest weight.
For example, set the weight for the Sales department to 90 and the weight for the Support department to 10.
The following table displays a sample cluster and indicates the preferred record for the cluster based on the RANK rule:
||Row-level preferred record
||John Jr Smith
The RANK rule selects the first row as the preferred record because it contains Sales that has the highest weight.
Use the following format to configure a RANK rule:
<RowRule name="<Rule name>" rule="RANK" order="<Execution order>">
<ReferenceColumn columnName="<Column name>" />
<Value columnValue="<Column value 1>" weight="<Weight 1>" />
<Value columnValue="<Column value 2>" weight="<Weight 2>" />
<Value columnValue="<Column value N>" weight="<Weight N>" />
The format uses the following parameters:
- Rule name
- Unique name for the rule.
- Execution order
- Optional. Order of execution for the rule. Use an integer value for the order of execution. If you do not specify the execution order, the consolidation process runs the rule based on the sequence of rules listed in the consolidation rules file. If you specify the execution order for a rule, you must specify the execution order for other rules.
- Column name
- Name of the column based on which you want to configure the rule.
- Column value 1, 2,...N
- Column values for which you want to set the weight.
- Weight 1, 2,...N
- Weight for the corresponding column value. The consolidation process uses the weight of the column value to identify the preferred records.
The following sample RULE rule sets the weight for the Sales department to 90 and the weight for the Support department to 10:
<RowRule name="rowLevel2" rule="RANK" order="1">
<ReferenceColumn columnName="Department" />
<Value columnValue="Support" weight="10" />
<Value columnValue="Sales" weight="90" />