Use a regular expression filter to publish entries that match a Java regular expression. To create a regular expression filter, use the Regex Filter transformation type. A regular expression filter publishes records that match the expression and drops records that do not match the expression.
You can configure the following properties for the Regex Filter transformation type:
- Entity Name
- Name of the regular expression filter. Maximum length is 32 characters.
- Description of the transformation. Maximum length is 256 characters.
- Filter Expression
- Java regular expression to apply to the line of text. For example, you can use the following regular expression:
- For more information about regular expressions and examples, see
- Apply Transformation On
- Select the source service, target service, or aggregator on which you want to apply the transformation.
- You can collect and monitor the following statistics:
- Events Received
- Bytes Received
- Events Generated
- Bytes Sent
- Time Taken for Transformation (Milliseconds)