The following frequently asked questions can help you configure and use EDS more effectively.
- Can I install Edge Data Streaming as a service when I have already installed Informatica Big Data Edition (BDE)?
- No. We do not offer Edge Data Streaming as a service when you have installed Big Data Edition (BDE). If you install EDS on a machine where BDE is installed, you might find issues when you set up the INFA_HOME variable for EDS or BDE. Also, when you run EDS or BDE, there can be performance issues because of excessive load on the machine.
- Can I use a regex filter with the asterisk (*) character in a flat file source to stream multiple files into a folder?
- Yes, you can use a regex filter with the * character to stream multiple files into a folder. However, you might not be able to use a regex filter for recursive operations to stream files which are distributed across multiple folders or files placed in multiple sub-folders.
- Can I recycle a Edge Data Streaming Service?
- No. The
Recycle option is not supported on EDS.
- How do I change the database type assigned to a Edge Data Streaming Service?
- You need to delete the existing Edge Data Streaming Service and create a new one with the database type that you want to use.
Delete the existing service. Wait for the Administrator Daemon to com up, and then create a Edge Data Streaming Service. Select the appropriate database type when you specify the database properties for the new Edge Data Streaming Service.