EDS uses a data connection to send data from the source service to the target service.
When you design a data flow, you can choose one of the following data connections:
- Ultra Messaging
- You can choose the Ultra Messaging data connection when you want to send data to one or more target services in a LAN.
- You can choose the WebSocket data connection in a data flow in the following scenarios:
- To transport data over a firewall.
- To aggregate data before writing to the data target.
- For secure data transfer.