You can configure high availability for ZooKeeper either during EDS installation or after installation. To configure high availability, deploy ZooKeeper in a cluster known as an ensemble.
To configure ZooKeeper high availability, perform the following configurations:
- Configure multiple ZooKeeper servers
You can configure multiple servers for ZooKeeper in the following ways:
- During installation. When you install EDS, you can specify the IP address and port combinations of the machines in the ZooKeeper ensemble. In the installer wizard, configure the
Apache ZooKeeper IP Address and Ports property.
The IP address and port combination has the following format:
You can enter multiple comma-separated IP address and port combinations. If one instance of ZooKeeper fails, the Administrator Daemon connects to the next available ZooKeeper server.
- After installation. After you install EDS, configure the
zoo.cfg file. Specify the IP address and port combinations of the machines in the ZooKeeper ensemble in the following format:
- Configure EDS to work with a ZooKeeper ensemble
- Specify the complete list of ZooKeeper servers in the Administrator Daemon and EDS node configuration files.
The Administrator Daemon configuration file, named
admind.cnf, is available in the
<EDS Node installation directory>/admind/config/ directory.
The EDS node configuration file, named
node.cnf, is available in the
<EDS Node installation directory>/node/config/ directory.
Specify the list of ZooKeeper servers, type
zkservers= and then type the names of the ZooKeeper servers separated by commas. For example,
Update the EDS Node configuration file on each machine on which you install the EDS Node.