The WebSocket target service type writes data to a WebSocket server through WebSocket messages. When you configure a WebSocket target service, you must configure the URL for the WebSocket server.
You can configure the following properties for the WebSocket target service type:
- Entity Name
- Name for the WebSocket target service. Maximum length is 32 characters.
- Description of the target service. Maximum length is 256 characters.
- Connection Type
- You can select one of the following connection types:
- WebSocketSecure: Accept All Certificates
- WebSocketSecure: Accept Certificates in TrustStore
- Target URL
- URL of the WebSocket server.
Enter the path in the following format for a nonsecure connection:
Enter the path in the following format for a secure connection:
- TrustStore Path
- Path and file name of the Java truststore file.
- TrustStore Password
- Password for the truststore file.
Select a secure parameter if you have already created it. To specify a key and value, click
Click to add secure parameters.
- Retry on Failure
Indicates that the target service should try to write to the target if the operation fails the first time.
- Number of Retries
The number of times the target service should retry to write to the source.
- Delay between Retries
- Time in milliseconds between successive retries.
- You can collect and monitor the following statistics for the WebSocket target service:
- Bytes Received. The number of bytes the target service receives.
- Events Received. The number of events the target service receives.
- Receive Rate (Per Sec). The number of bytes the target service receives every second.
- Events Reassigned. The number messages that the source service resends to the target service when it has not received acknowledgment from the target service.