The domain log messages are written to the
<EDS installation directory/UMService/umsm.log file by using the log4j API. To change how the domain logs messages, edit the
- Open the
umsm.log file in the following directory:
<EDS installation directory/UMService
- Set the value of
log4j.rootLogger. You can choose to log messages at one of the following levels:
- FATAL. Writes FATAL messages to the log.
- ERROR. Writes FATAL and ERROR code messages to the log. ERROR messages include connection failures and service errors.
- WARNING. Writes FATAL, ERROR, and WARNING messages to the log. WARNING errors include recoverable system failures or warnings.
- INFO. Writes FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, and INFO messages to the log. INFO messages include system and service change messages.
- DEBUG. Writes FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, INFO, and DEBUG messages to the log. DEBUG messages are user request logs.
The WARNING level is the default level of logging.
- Set the path to the log file.
- Save and close the file.