You can create, deploy, and undeploy data flows in the
Data Flow Design tab.
The contents that appear on the
Data Flow Design tab and the tasks you can perform vary based on the view that you select.
The following panels appear in the tab:
- Data Flows
- Displays a list of the data flows that you have configured on the Edge Data Streaming service. You can manage data flows in this panel.
- Entity Types
- Displays the entity types, that is, the source service, target service, and transformation types that you can use in data flows. The pane organizes the entity types in expandable and collapsible trees of source service types, target service types, and transformation types. This panel also displays any custom entity type that you add to
- Summary View: All Data Flows
- Displays the source service types and target service types used in EDS. The panel shows a summary of associations between the source service types and the target service types to which they send data.
- Data Flow Designer
- Appears when you select a data flow in the
Data Flows pane. This panel displays the relationships between the entities in the data flow. This panel also displays buttons to deploy or undeploy the data flow and to delete an entity from the design.
- Entity Details
- Appears when you select an entity in the
Data Flow Designer panel, and consists of a
Properties tab and a
Nodes tab. The
Properties tab displays the properties of the selected entity. You can edit the properties on this tab. The
Nodes tab lists the nodes that you have mapped to the selected service. You can map nodes to or dissociate nodes from the selected service.